Re: Cleaning boards

From: Joel Rosenzweig <joel-r_at_an.hp.com>
Date: Fri May 29 1998 - 09:29:21 EDT

Al Warner wrote:

> With all of the insanity occurring on the newsgroups right now, I
> figured I could ask a simple question on this list and get a decent
> answer.
>
> I'm going to rebuild a monitor and the board is incredibly dirty. Is
> there a good way of cleaning them. I have removed the board from the
> monitor.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Al-

Al,

I've used nothing exotic and get great results with soap and warm
water. I've also used spray on 409 for really grungy stuff that the
force of the water didn't take off on its own. Sometimes, I've resorted
to using a toothbrush to help brush the grime away.

I've cleaned all my Wells Gardners and Ampliflames with this technique,
and have been very happy with the results.

Of course, drain off the water, and let them air dry before even
thinking about turning them on again. I let them sit overnight.

Good luck!
Joel-