Re: Cleaning boards

From: Anders Knudsen <Anders_Knudsen_at_btc.adaptec.com>
Date: Fri May 29 1998 - 10:28:19 EDT

At 09:29 AM 5/29/98 -0400, Joel wrote:
>I've used nothing exotic and get great results with soap and warm
>water. I've also used spray on 409 for really grungy stuff that the
>force of the water didn't take off on its own. Sometimes, I've resorted
>to using a toothbrush to help brush the grime away.
>
>I've cleaned all my Wells Gardners and Ampliflames with this technique,
>and have been very happy with the results.
>
>Of course, drain off the water, and let them air dry before even
>thinking about turning them on again. I let them sit overnight.

I have used the same sort of method that Joel describes. I spray (soak) the
board with 409 -- that loosens up all the dirt. They I take the board
outside and hose it down with water. All the dirt and 409 rinses off!
Then I let it dry overnight or maybe a couple of days. It works great. I
have done this with all my XY monitors -- including the tube! Makes them
look brand new.
-Anders.