Help w/identifying Sega XY boards...

From: <sickgear_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun Jul 12 1998 - 12:46:13 EDT

Hey all,

I came across a couple "cans" of Sega boards... the trouble is, some are XY and some aren't, but
they are all mixed together. So far, I think I've picked all the "space odyssey" boards out, but
am left with some questions.

According to the Sega XY page, a CPU board using the 315-0064 "special chip" would either be
Star Trek or Space Fury; however, the ROM at U25 on my board is 1778. This doesn't work with
the Space Fury or Star Trek ROM ID as posted on the page. Also, the ROMs on the EPROM board are
labled 1779-1802, which again, doesn't fit with the names of the Star Trek or SF roms I've come
across.

There's also a "meatball" soundboard, but for all I know it belongs to Space Odyssey. The other
two cards are the XY timing and XY control.

So, any clues as to what I'm dealing with? I'd kinda like to have some idea before I start trying
to fire this stuff up!

Thanks,

Derek
sickgear@Ix.netcom.com