Re: Computer Space

From: Jeff Anderson <mayday19_at_idt.net>
Date: Wed Jul 22 1998 - 00:34:52 EDT

> I was just wondering - what's inside one of those
> funky Computer Space cabinets? (I've never seen one)
>
> I'd heard it was a vector game, which the screenshots
> I've seen would support. But then I've also heard it
> was build from a television for the video portion.
>
> Was this some kind of raster-to-vector conversion?
>
> Of course, my apologies if it was a raster game :)

Computer Space uses a modified GE tube television (about 13") as the
display. The modification consists of cutting out the tuner and rewiring
the antenna input terminals to accept composite video and audio inputs.
Its not a vector game. The ships in the game are mapped with diodes on
the PC board in the same way you see them on the screen. pretty neat..

Jeff