RE: Star Trek/G-80 stuff

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Tue Aug 04 1998 - 15:38:00 EDT

Along the lines of fixing the Star Trek code for the cockpit version...

Something Rick Schieve, Paul Tonizzo and I struggled with for a while was to
get decent coining circuity for the Sega g-80 game, especially with Eliminator
4-player.

Eliminator 4-player has very specific credit/timing circuitry, where the switch
needs to be trigged for *exactly* the time it takes for a coin to drop through
the coin validator. This is a large pain in the ass, as people who don't
understand this just start beating on the credit switches, causing the game to
temporarily pause, and not credit the game up.

What I'd like to see is maybe changing the code for Tac/Scan, Eliminator
2-player, Star Trek, Space Fury to have a FREE PLAY mode (maybe have the
software look at the dip switches).

In addition, if someone could hack the Eliminator 4-player code to get rid of
the nasty timed coining crediting, that would be VERY MUCH appreciated
(alright, so maybe I'm in the minority there...)

Just a thought...

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL