RE: Lunar Battle :-0

From: Ranger Mike <Mike_Ranger_at_DOFASCO.CA>
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 08:58:02 EDT

Well...
        Sorry for stirring up such a mess. Being a big fan of gravitar,
pretty handy with a soldering iron, and knowing that Lunar battle was
based on a space duel PCB, I was looking for an interesting project, and
the chance to see Gravitar's lineage. On the bright side, it is really
nice to see the passion come out on this issue, given that both sides of
the argument have merit. To me, however, nothing gives me more pride
than ownership of an original game, regardless of value, and in my mind,
a duplication is not an original, and would not de-value the factory
proto-types. Anyone who says "Ha, why would I spend $xxx on an original
game I when I can get a knock off for $xxx/10" Is not a real collector!
And if you ever see the definition of a real collector, the word
"Vectorlist" would be included.

Things that make me go "Oohhhh" - The coin door lighting up, the flash
of the marquee as it lighting up, the chatter of the monitor as the
screen comes to life, and, of course, Clay's garage.

Mike