Re: G08 power supply

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 10:58:31 EDT

On Sep 23, 7:34pm, David Shuman wrote:
> Subject: Re: G08 power supply

> I'm telling you, Mark, you don't want it. :-)

Bless it, then! I'll break down and put a switcher in there...darn
non-original hardware...next thing you know I'll be replacing original
boardsets with Clay's multigame! Noooo...must resist...enjoy fixing original
hardware...;-)

> Try owning a Defender machine for a couple years. After you replace six
> dozen fried 4116 RAM chips, you'll see why swapping the Williams power
> supply with a switcher is an acceptable solution even for a purist.

Owned Joust, Robotron and Sinistar; all had bad original power supplies. Put a
switcher in Joust, then it started giving me "Factory resets", even after
adjusting +5VDC. Because of this, I ALWAYS repaired/replaced the original
power supply on Williams games. Of course, no one else sees this problem but
me :-)

BTW, another Sega XY board sale should be coming up in the next few months...

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL