Re: (Hopefully) simple Battle Zone problem

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Wed Oct 14 1998 - 20:14:32 EDT

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998 jwelser@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu wrote:

> The HV voltage (PRV of the diode) is 14.5kV on a 19V2000
> and 12kV on a G05. The current drawn by the anode is 100uA on a
> 19V2000. I don't have the number for the G05, but I'm sure it's
> similar. Thus, the average If of the diode must be at least that
> much. The HV can be within about +- 300V of its nominal value, and
> most of the replacements havea Vf of in the 50 - 100V range.

Hmm ok, I'm looking at http://www.nteinc.com/Web_pgs/hvr.html and it looks
like NTE513 will do, but could you confirm ?
Prv is 45kv -- nor prob. If is 5mA, and Vf is 75V@50mA

I was worried at first that Vf was too small -- but if that's voltage DROP
across the diode, than smaller is better, right ?

BUT -- checking Mouser, they want $33.04 for it. Yikes. I've got 2 SK7333's
on order. THey are backordered 3 weeks -- but I'll wait for that price
difference.

Wow -- looks like Thompson Consumer doesn't have any sort of web site. I see
a more easily available sk7330, but no specs on it. Damn.

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/