Re: WG Color XY Tubes

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Tue Oct 20 1998 - 10:46:09 EDT

On Monday, October 19, 1998 5:12 PM, David Shoemaker (Comforce/RhoTech)
[SMTP:a-dashoe@microsoft.com] wrote:
> Well I talked to Richardson Electronics about these tubes (19VLUP22). They
> charge $165 for this tube. Sounds like they are being manufactured on
> demand but I can't tell for sure. I will send them mail and ask (also will
> be asking about the ampliphone part #'s).
>
> I asked them about quantity discounts. At the 20 piece price point it will
> nock $10 off the price. Sound familiar?
>
> I know I can use 5 of these myself. Ouch, nearly a grand in tubes :)
>
> Anyone else up for the "bulk" price? Or should I just be getting them for
> myself as I need them.
>
> Realize that if we bulked them the price probably wouldn't be that much
> different as they would be getting shipped twice. (RE to me then me to you).
> But if you are in the Seattle area or within a drive to come pick them up it
> could be worth it.

Richardson Electronics is about an hour from where I work. I've picked up a
tube for an Asteroids Deluxe cocktail from them before. If we would have
thought of this earlier, maybe we could have set something up with the people
who are in town for the pinball expo this weekend and they could have brought
some back to their respective areas. Oh well, just a thought.

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL