Re: WG Color XY Tubes

From: Alan J McCormick <gonzothegreat_at_juno.com>
Date: Tue Oct 20 1998 - 17:23:05 EDT

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998 11:04:57 -0400 Todd Miller
<Todd.Miller@telethinking.com> writes:

>So what do you get with the tube ? Does it come with yoke/deflection
coils
>or the magnetic slip rings assembly ? I am just curious how involved it
would
>be to replace the tube, dealing with purity, convergence, aligning of
the
>yoke, etc...I have an Asteroids cocktail with bad burn and have thought
>about replacing the tube.

If you (or anyone else) is interested, I have a few of the b/w cocktail
GO-5 tubes but with *green* phosphor for $33 each. Never used. They came
out of some computer terminal system that was never installed. Just a
bare tube. No yoke or magnets.

FWIW Aligning a b/w tube is a no-brainer compared to a color tube. No
wacky shadow mask to make things difficult. Just take lots of
measurements and make lots of alignment marks on the tubes, magnets &
yokes so everything lines up like it did on the original tube.

Virtu-Al

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]