RE: Dedicate Major Havoc rollers

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Thu Oct 22 1998 - 17:02:33 EDT

I've been hearing all sorts of neat mould-making stuff from a friend at
work that makes reproduction Storm Trooper suits... Anyway...

Spin casting is essentially a cavity mould on something like a lathe--
thus the mould can be "spun" around. Molten aluminum is "sprayed"
inside the mould as it spins. The aluminum builds up and makes a
(hollow) aluminum casting. Kinda cool. It sounds like it's
(relatively) cheap to setup-- maybe $200-300 to setup, but then each
casting is cheap (maybe a couple bucks depending on size).

One of those neat solutions looking for a problem. ;-)

-Clay