Scanning & PDF's

From: Todd Miller <Todd.Miller_at_telethinking.com>
Date: Mon Oct 26 1998 - 14:02:46 EST

I want to scan manuals & schematics into PDF's so that I may offer them
to the RGVAC
community. I am asking those with experience to give me recommendations
on what
works best. Suggestions on DPI as it relates to what is clearly viewable
on the screen
or for printed output to a inkjet or laser. On example that I tried was
300 DPI using
grayscale on a page with mixed text, a small image and a small
schematic. The
finished PDF was easily readable and printed out well on an Epson 720
DPI inkjet,
but the file size was a bit large. I'm open for input...

Todd Miller, IT Operations Dept.
Ron Weber and Associates
103 E. State Street, Mason City, IA 50401
(515)423-4293/(515)423-4594 FAX
http://www.telethinking.com