Re: Testing a G-08 color vector monitor

From: Matt Rossiter - Verio Southern California <matt_at_rossiters.com>
Date: Mon Oct 26 1998 - 14:15:36 EST

I had the same problem with my G-08. I located a shorted vertical output
transistor and replaced it with an NTE - equivalent to the Motorola 2N6558
transistor. While I had the monitor taken apart, I checked the other
transistors and found another shorted one on the hv board - so I replaced
it with another NTE equiv. Now I don't get any high Voltage - thus
no picture. So - I have the feeling that it's probably best to get
transistors that are made by the original manufacturer - Motorola. I'm
ordering a bunch from Newark today. Sometime this week I'm going to use a
scope and try to find out where, exactly, the problem is. - So, my
suspicion is - this particular monitor is very very touchy - and it might
be best to double check the transistors (out of the circuit) and replace
them with new ones made by the original maker.

Just my two bits...

Matt