Re: Testing a G-08 color vector monitor

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon Oct 26 1998 - 15:01:09 EST

All,

Ya know, with all these problems and symptoms, you'd think someone would have
written an FAQ or something about this monitor and it's repair. I volunteered
to write one a while back, but no one gave me any input. I also don't have the
technical background to be able to write such a document, but I would surely
like to volunteer my experiences with this type of monitor. If anything, I'll
volunteer to collect information from people about the monitor, and someone
else can write up an FAQ with more technical information.

Here's some information David Shuman sent me a long time ago (he's still on
this mailing list, right?) which I could not find in my Electrohome G08 manual:

"...the pots on the HV board-- R917 (frequency control), R918 (duty cycle), and
R933 (sensing voltage). Twiddling these pots in various ways makes can help
make the monitor more resistant to HV shutoff."

I'm assuming the frequency control is similar to the Amplifone's frequency
control, which will raise or lower the KV. Anyone have an idea what "duty
cycle" and "sensing voltage" does?

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL