Re: Testing a G-08 color vector monitor

From: <sickgear_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon Oct 26 1998 - 20:39:24 EST

On 10/26/98 13:07:12 you wrote:

>Yikes, sounds like that tube is toast! In a related question, my Go8 has an
>odd problem....
>
>I lost the picture on half the screen. Usually an x or y deflection problem
>will collapse the picture into a flat vertical or horizontal line. What I get
>is the left half of the screen, witha line down the middle and the right half
>blank. All the defl trans check fine, and the resistor boards check good
>also.
>
>Weird,
>
>Bill

Check the wiring from the boards to that molex connector and to the monitor. I destroyed a
perfectly good (well, as good as those get) deflection board trying to find the root of the exact
same problem you're talking about, only to find out it was the wiring the whole time.

Anybody know why all the vectors would be drawn at a 45 degree angle (which decreases as the game
warms up... about 20 minutes and all the vectors are about flat)? That's the final problem I have
w/mine, and I can't figure it out. Everything is in the right place (vert. and horiz deflection)
just... flat. :(

Thanks,

Derek

Check out my super-cool text only FSoT pages:

http://pw2.netcom.com/~sickgear/fsa.htm
for arcade related stuff

 and

http://pw2.netcom.com/~sickgear/fs2.htm