Testing a G-08 color vector monitor

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon Oct 26 1998 - 11:24:59 EST

Hi all,

I pieced together a G-08 from parts from an operator. All deflection
transistors are good, and the fuses are replaced. I fired up the game and the
neon bulbs on the neck board came on. Inside the tube itself, I can see a
little electric arcing going on. I thought maybe the HV unit was bad, so I
replaced it with another, and got the same results.

Is it possible to test the boards without the tube hooked up? I'm afraid this
internal electrical arcing might hurt the tube (if the tube isn't bad,
already), but I thought maybe the tube somehow completes the circuit, so it
would need to be there to do any real testing.

Also, I haven't bothered looking at the schematics yet, but if anyone has any
ideas off the top of their head as to what areas to look into, let me know.
 Thanks!

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL