RE: Tech: Cinematronics Monitor

From: Keith, Brendan <Brendan.Keith_at_wilcom.com>
Date: Thu Nov 05 1998 - 09:55:11 EST

Follow up:
After blowing what must have been a marginal pair of transistors, I put
yet another set in and the yoke started chattering away like we all know
and love.

So I start testing boards and I have an Armor Attack, Star Castle, Star Hawk
and another one with the date 1977. Space Wars perhaps?

Now a couple of questions.
1. What are the values of the circuit breakers on the power supply?
The negative supply breaker was replaced with a fuse holder and you all
know how often it likes to pop that breaker. I have a spare 2.5A breaker
that
seems appropriate.

2. On Cinemu's Armor Attack, setting the diagnostic switch yields a test
pattern
with the maze outline. When I turn on diag mode on my board it just show an
octagon and text. Is this the difference between Cinematronics and Rockola
(mine)?

2a. Is the memory map the same between the two brands, allowing me to just
swap ROM sets?

Brendan Keith
brendan.keith@wilcom.com