Help with a newly acquired Tempest.

From: Bowles, Brian <Brian_at_IUSMail.IUS.Indiana.EDU>
Date: Thu Nov 05 1998 - 10:24:21 EST

Hey all,

I am new to the vector list and to vector arcade machines. I have three
restored raster games, but these vector systems are quite a different
matter. The tempest that I have comes up, but the screen
(http://www.cs.ius.indiana.edu/AK/Brian/web_docs/P000918.jpg and
http://www.cs.ius.indiana.edu/AK/Brian/web_docs/P000919.jpg )resembles
lightning more than the tempest screen. Does anyone have any ideas as to
what causes this problem and what I might do to fix it? Also this cabinet,
( http://www.cs.ius.indiana.edu/AK/Brian/web_docsP000907.jpg ) is quite
different from the ones I played in the arcades. Is this what they refereed
to as the cabaret, or is this some kind of retro fit? Thanks for your help!

Brian Bowles
brian@ius.edu