RE: Plastic moulding

From: Christopher V. Moore <cmoore_at_heartlab.com>
Date: Fri Nov 06 1998 - 09:31:50 EST

Check out Linday Books at http://www.lindaybks.com. They have lots of
books on metal molding and I just bought Vince Gingery's book on home
injection plastic molding. Check out

http://www.lindsaybks.com/bks/inject/index.html

I haven't built it but it looks like it could do things like Tempest knobs
and joystick handles. It uses old milk bottles as the plastic. From a
quick reading of the book, it looks like it would be fairly cheap to make
this gadget and one could crank out quite a few Tempest knobs.

I didn't find it on their site but they also used to have a book on casting
small plastic and rubber parts. I think that they used plaster of paris
molds in that book and two part plastics.

Also, as far as that housing goes for the Major Havoc, after looking at it
I think that the easiest thing to do would be to break it into four pieces
instead of two and then it should be possible to just sand cast it with
aluminum or pot metal.

--
Christopher V. Moore -- Principal Engineeer
Heartlab, Inc. - 101 Airport Rd - Westerly, RI 02891 -- www.heartlab.com