RE: Plastic moulding

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Fri Nov 06 1998 - 13:50:40 EST

> I was going to see if I could find some existing hardware for the
> trigger. The
> button would be a little more difficult; when I get the lended
> joystick, I'll
> look into what's all involved with the smaller pieces

The trigger and button pieces are reproducible by casting as well.
Pigment can be added to the resin to make solid colors or
semi-translucent like the thumb button. Might want to change some
internals to make is use easy-to-get microswitches. Not 100% familiar
with the design...

> My Blaster still has this piece; I'm just talking about getting the
> plastic
> joystick handle (left and right pieces) remade.

Good question. I suppose they could be machined...

> I can't think of anything else vector related other than Tempest
> knobs.
>
> On topic however, I have an ESB yoke sticker. If anyone wants to
> reproduce it,
> scan it, archive it, whatever, let me know by today. Otherwise, I'm
> going to
> apply it to the spare yoke I have.

Ooooh. That would be good to get a good high-res scan of before you put
it on... I can do it at probably 600 DPI optical if no-one else has
better equipment...

-Clay