Re: Plastic moulding

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Fri Nov 06 1998 - 14:31:47 EST

On Nov 6, 10:46am, Clay Cowgill wrote:
> Subject: RE: Plastic moulding
>
> For what it's worth, Mike thinks he could have a metal injection mould
> made for about $500 for a Blaster Joystick handle... He also thinks
> that a resin-cast clam shell type mould would be relatively easy.
> Powdered metal can be added to resin to increase tensile strength too if
> that's a concern. It's pretty tough stuff though...

Uh, now all I need is 50 people who want to chip in $10 a piece ;-).

Or 10 people for $50 a piece :-).

Ok...I guess I need to do research to see exactly how many people would be
interested in getting these.

What about an estimate on Tempest knobs?

I'll put a "who would be intersested in new Blaster joysticks" post on the
newsgroup. Thanks for looking into this, Clay!

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL