Re: XY as Audio

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon Nov 09 1998 - 00:52:39 EST

Hmm the problem would be the same as is currently happening, except you
would probably blow up your speakers if the outputs are bad...
The idea here is to run the XY amps unloaded so as the output
transistors don't croak if the drive is bad. Perhaps a resistor, say 100
ohms might be enough of a load to test. I'm trying to find a simple way
to power the monitors (I have about six or so) without having to have a
running game board, nor do I want to toast the outputs by having hte
yokes connected. Soon this will be happening. Is anyone interested in
tested working 19" XY's? Somewhere around $250-$300US... May have my HV
hack...

Am also chatting with a TV parts wholeseller about flybacks, and we are
looking for a cheap flyback that puts out the voltages needed, and just
hardwire the !@!%$!% thing into a chassis. Then adjust the frequency
down to the 15,XXX (can't remember XXX) Hz so the flyback is happy. This
is not much different than my hack, but might be tidier if it can be
installed in the regular HV cage. Anyone have some time that wants to
look into this with me? That lives near Vancouver? That can handle a
soldering iron????

John :-#)#

 mailto:jrr_at_flippers.com, web page http://www.flippers.com