RE: LV2000 demands

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Thu Nov 12 1998 - 18:46:59 EST

> so 591/200 = 2.955 per board in parts... Unicorn would ship this order
> for
> free so that's accurate
        [...]

> I have done some by hand and my total usually runs no more than $5 per
> assembled board including chemicals, board blanks, and parts. If you
> want
> to justify your price, please don't try to say they are expensive to
> produce. The only justification I can think of is that they do take
> some
> time to assemble. The sure as hell did not take much time to design.
> The
> schematics are straight out of the Motorola application notes and I
> had the
> board layout guy here do mine up in about 10 minutes.

Hmmm... You know what? If you're such an ace at designing, buying,
building, organizing, documenting, supporting, and selling, why don't
you do it then?

I suppose that test equipment, prototype boards, assembly, materials and
time are free too?

Maybe you want to be a contract manufacturer for all these easy designs
floating around? I'd be more than happy to sub-out my MultiPac boards
for anyone willing to build them for cost of parts.

-Clay

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... Much gnashing of teeth....