Re: LV2000 demands

From: omar <omar_at_Techsource.COM>
Date: Thu Nov 12 1998 - 19:03:04 EST

Clay,

Please see my follow-up. I was making a point about what they said. I know
Time = money. I don't have the time to do a lot of projects like you seem
to. I did not say they were not justified..... I was backing up my point
that they were being less than honest about WHY they were hiking the price.

>> so 591/200 = 2.955 per board in parts... Unicorn would ship this order
>> for
>> free so that's accurate
> [...]
>
>> I have done some by hand and my total usually runs no more than $5 per
>> assembled board including chemicals, board blanks, and parts. If you
>> want
>> to justify your price, please don't try to say they are expensive to
>> produce. The only justification I can think of is that they do take
>> some
>> time to assemble. The sure as hell did not take much time to design.
>> The
>> schematics are straight out of the Motorola application notes and I
>> had the
>> board layout guy here do mine up in about 10 minutes.
>>
>Hmmm... You know what? If you're such an ace at designing, buying,
>building, organizing, documenting, supporting, and selling, why don't
>you do it then?
>

>I suppose that test equipment, prototype boards, assembly, materials and
>time are free too?

Cost of prototyping for a small, simple board like that? Come on now
Clay... be serious. I bet I'm also not the only one with access to test
equipment at work. Not that you would need much of any for this project.

>Maybe you want to be a contract manufacturer for all these easy designs
>floating around? I'd be more than happy to sub-out my MultiPac boards
>for anyone willing to build them for cost of parts.

This was an easy design unlike others which may have come up at some other
time. I do the same stuff every day at a small company (we don't have
people running around to do all that) from design to prototyping to getting
the boards into production so I know what is involved. This was not meant
as a slight against you so please don't read more into it then what I
stated. Thanks.

Omar