Re: LV2000 demands

From: Jeff Anderson <mayday19_at_idt.net>
Date: Fri Nov 13 1998 - 06:47:16 EST

> saw a problem with the WG deflection pcb. I saw where the main problem was.
> That means I had to understand how the WG deflection PCB was working. I saw
> that other solutions out there were not quite perfect. I came up with a
> solution, and if I may be forward, it's a damn good solution, that is simple,
> easy to install, and most importantly that works.
> So what if the design is simple? That's the beauty of it. A simple design for a
> large problem. Rather I say that it's an elegant design to the problem.

I dont mean to start anything here in lieu of all this, but I figured I'd
just share my expierences with the WG monitors. Like just about anybody
else who collects vector games I got all my games with broken monitors. of
course the problem is always the LV supply.. I have 11 games that all have
almost 2 years of daily use (at least 14 hours a day) and are running
happily on the original boards.

I rebuilt them all a long time ago with Zanen kits and
I've never had a LV failure. The only problems I've had is
the occasional solder joint that needed retouching, usually on the HV cage
connector. I dont think the WG is
unreliable at all as long as it is repaired and adjusted properly the
first time. The ops who ran the games in the past never took
the time to make adjustments or properly fix them so they ran smoothly..

The LV2000 does take almost all of the "unreliability" out of the
monitors, but if the monitor is rebuilt right the first time is just isn't
needed. Especially for the collector that only runs the game occasionally.

It seems I'm the only one in here who has this opinion because I've never
heard anybody else say this, and I dont think it is just my luck.. anybody
who properly fixes and adjusts a WG can expect the same results.

The only thing I find unreliable is the connectors, I was thinking of
maybe doing something like removing the connectors and wiring them all
through a couple molex connectors.. but at maybe 1 connector failure every
couple months or so I can live with the problem.

and oh yeah..
please dont open up a can of whoop-ass on me Anders :>

Jeff