Re: Asteroids blues

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Fri Nov 13 1998 - 13:06:02 EST

jason Milsom wrote:

> Thanks to Drew and Simon for your suggestions with my Asteroids
> troubles.
> As far as the Reversing X output goes, I still have not been able to
> accomplish this.
> Swapping the wires (orange and black X output to monitor) didn't work
> (blank screen, spot killer on ). 5 volts at pin 19 reversed the Y
> (vertical) output, so then my screen was upside down and backwards. 5
> volts at pin 16 (reverse Y on asteroids deluxe) yielded nothing. There
> must be a way of reversing this at the monitor?

I had to do this when I used an Omega Race monitor in an Asteroids. What
you have to do is reverse the wires on the deflection yoke. There are 4
wires coming from the yoke and going into the deflection board. There is
a standard for the coloring I think but I don't know exactly what that
is and I don't have schems in front of me so I can't tell you exactly
which ones to switch. :-( If you have the schems, find out which pins
are the X axis.. and simply reverse them.