Meteor shower

From: Ozdemir, Steve <steve.ozdemir_at_plpt.com>
Date: Tue Nov 17 1998 - 11:52:38 EST

G'day folks,

So did any of you get up last night to check out the shooting stars. We
had some clouds, but the show really picked up with both fast moving
streaks and slower ones. At one point in the evening, I was amazed to
see a whole lot of slow shooting stars that almost took a shape with one
really fast horizontal shooting star....here let me try with some ASCII
art:
                       _
    ___ _- /
   / \ _________.- /
   \___/ -_ \
                      -_\

And just as the fast long horizontal shooting star met the shooting
stars on the left, a big light show occured, I heard some thunder in the
distance (remember I mentioned some cloud cover) and suddenly a few more
shooting stars appeared on the eastern horizon. They looked like this:

    __ __
   |__| | |
   |__| |__|

Did anyone else see this last part in the Texas or the midwest? At
3:30AM PST, it was probably already light on the East coast.

                Steve Ozdemir
                sso@plpt.com

ps - 8^) for the humor impared. So now that lasers have been hooked up
to arcade vector games, can someone start working on this new project.
It might be hard to get a decent refresh rate using reentering grains of
sand about 100 miles above the surface of the Earth, but we have some
pretty smart people on this email list. Of course, someone's going to
have to let Norad/NASA know what we're up to.