Re: So I was talking to a co-worker today...

From: Alan J McCormick <gonzothegreat_at_juno.com>
Date: Sat Nov 28 1998 - 06:34:35 EST

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998 20:15:11 -0800 Werner Sharp <wsharp@macromedia.com>
writes:

>...who worked for Bally around 1982. He worked on two VECTOR games that
>Bally never released. One was called Firefly and they had 8 prototype
>units on display in the Chicago area. He can't remember the name of the
>other game (he's going to try and find some notes at home) but he said
they
>only made 2 of the second game and it never made it out of development.
>Just as they were going to release them the industry died and they never
>made it to production.
>
>Anyone know anything about these? He says they used a special chip
which
>performed some limited 3d.

Since the game has been ID'ed (Earth Friend Mission), I was wondering if
this hardware might be what the vector Tron game (that according to
Vidtopia was never finished/released) was being developed on.

Alternately, Firefly might be a retooling of the Tron code in the same
vein as what happened to Boxing Bugs (or am I thinking of another game?)

One of these days I *have* to see Vidtopia - even if I have to drive out
of the Midwest.

Virtu-Al

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]