So I was talking to a co-worker today...

From: Werner Sharp <wsharp_at_macromedia.com>
Date: Thu Nov 19 1998 - 23:15:11 EST

...who worked for Bally around 1982. He worked on two VECTOR games that
Bally never released. One was called Firefly and they had 8 prototype
units on display in the Chicago area. He can't remember the name of the
other game (he's going to try and find some notes at home) but he said they
only made 2 of the second game and it never made it out of development.
Just as they were going to release them the industry died and they never
made it to production.

Anyone know anything about these? He says they used a special chip which
performed some limited 3d.

And no, I'm not making this up. It's nowhere near April 1.

-Werner