RE: New Vector Games

From: Jeff Anderson <mayday19_at_idt.net>
Date: Fri Dec 18 1998 - 23:48:07 EST

ok.. I have a new idea here.. how about a videowall vector monitor? what a
better way to play a game of 12 player eliminator!

How hard would it be to do a 2X2 (4 screens) videowall? Could it be done
with some simple analog circuits to send each monitor only one
'quadrant'? I know this is quite a pain with raster video because the
frame has to be captured and divided up.. I dont know enough to attempt
such a project myslef but it seems easily doable because the monitors
already divide the circuit up into quadrants for the yoke..? maybe use the
deflection board of one monitor and instead of the yoke use a voltage
divider to trim the output down to input levels for 4 G08s (or 6100).. Or
you could also sub a 6100 deflection board for using atari games with it..

If somebody draws up some plans I'll build it up.. I have 4 G08s and
plenty of spare parts I can commit to it :>

We can dub it the "WALL OF FLAME"

Jeff