Re: BZ (was Re: New Vector Games)

From: Peter Pachla <peter.pachla_at_vectrex.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed Dec 30 1998 - 19:16:19 EST

Hi Mark,

>....similar issues, I found there are a large number of dism's out
>there, many for the 6502; Sean even wrote one for the 6809.

Yes I have several here, using one for the "current project" in fact. In fact
I'm actually on the verge of writing my own 6502 disassembler since none of the
ones I have right now are "quite right" for my purposes.

>I'm sure he'll help you if he has time. He was down here a few years
>ago and a group of us went to dinner. We actually talked about that
>very mod for some time.

I'm sure I've talked to him in the past, before I got an e-mail account at
home, on BZone related topics. ISTR he was very helpful indeed.

>You must be new to this list... ;-)

Not *that* new.... ;-)

>> once I get the current project out of the way.
>
>Which would be...

Well, I'm well into the throes of getting a web site together (which is proving
problematical at best, thanks in no small part to the HTML editor I'm using).
That's taking up an awful lot of time.

As part of this I'm writing some technical documents and pages on Atari games
consoles (I used to work with them some years ago). Hence my using 6502
disassemblers....

Then there's switching my system (back) over to Linux, getting my MicroVAXs and
PDP-11s going, setting up my Sun 3/60, finally getting my finger out and
ironing out the final problem with my BZone, etc etc etc

So many bright ideas, so little time. Over the past couple of days I've started
having another crack at disassembling the Battle Zone ROMs, however I've
knocked that on the head until I've finished the Atari console tech stuff
(another couple of weeks worth I fear).

  TTFN - Pete.

--
 Peter Pachla: Computer Hardware & Software Engineer,
               Sound Engineer,