BZ (was Re: New Vector Games)

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_fastlane.net>
Date: Thu Dec 24 1998 - 11:11:56 EST

----------

> I don't suppose anyone here knows of or has a disassembly of the ROMs already?

Actually, yes. A guy whose name escapes me at the moment, I think it
was John Keys or Keith or something like that, disassembled BZ for
another project. He added high score retension. It's been several years,
but I'd search the web for his project, it may still be out there.
Also, someone may have arch'ed his data (maybe even me, I'll have to look).

> Your idea about modem play seems like a great one as you wouldn't have to have
> two or more machines physically located together to make it work (I was looking
> at using an 80c152 to implement a simple ethernet link between multiple
> machines).

You might try a 16550 if you want to get fancy or a 6850 if you want to
keep everything obsolete. It'll be simpler and make the transition to
telegamming (I think I just made a word) much faster.

-Mark

P.S. Maybe Lucent or Rockwell can hook you up with a high speed
modem (33.6) with direct parallel in and save you the whole
UART/BRG/MAX232 experience.