Re: BZ (was Re: New Vector Games)

From: Peter Pachla <peter.pachla_at_vectrex.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu Dec 31 1998 - 08:46:18 EST

Hi Jess,

>Im writing a nice win95 based DASM program that will do any processor
>as long as you give it an opcode list (preformatted)....

Great idea, I was thinking of doing something similar (eventually) since I've
decided to write my own 6502 disassembler (I was planning on starting on it on
Monday, couple of days' work). Mine would be DOS based however since I don't
have any programming tools for Win'95 (aside from Delphi 2 which I haven't
looked at yet) and besides which I'd like (need) to get it going under Linux at
some point.

>....The basics are like Sean Riddle's DASM that I modified to do
>the 6502....

Actually, is that the one on your web site? I grabbed the 6502 and 6809
disassemblers but couldn't find any instructions for them.

>....Most of the GUI is done but the guts need work.
>Im using C++builder 3.

I would like to help with something like this. However the problem is (well
there are two really) I never know how much time I'll have free to work on
these things and, more importantly, I'm not a 'C' programmer - I can understand
a lot of 'C' code but since I learnt the language in 1985 and have never done
much in it.... :-(

  TTFN - Pete.

--
 Peter Pachla: Computer Hardware & Software Engineer,
               Sound Engineer,