Re: BZ (was Re: New Vector Games)

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Wed Dec 30 1998 - 19:50:28 EST

Peter Pachla wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> >....similar issues, I found there are a large number of dism's out
> >there, many for the 6502; Sean even wrote one for the 6809.
>
> Yes I have several here, using one for the "current project" in fact. In fact
> I'm actually on the verge of writing my own 6502 disassembler since none of the
> ones I have right now are "quite right" for my purposes.
>
> >I'm sure he'll help you if he has time. He was down here a few years
> >ago and a group of us went to dinner. We actually talked about that
> >very mod for some time.
>
> I'm sure I've talked to him in the past, before I got an e-mail account at
> home, on BZone related topics. ISTR he was very helpful indeed.
>
> >You must be new to this list... ;-)
>
> Not *that* new.... ;-)
>
> >> once I get the current project out of the way.
> >
> >Which would be...
>
> Well, I'm well into the throes of getting a web site together (which is proving
> problematical at best, thanks in no small part to the HTML editor I'm using).
> That's taking up an awful lot of time.
>
> As part of this I'm writing some technical documents and pages on Atari games
> consoles (I used to work with them some years ago). Hence my using 6502
> disassemblers....
>
> Then there's switching my system (back) over to Linux, getting my MicroVAXs and
> PDP-11s going, setting up my Sun 3/60, finally getting my finger out and
> ironing out the final problem with my BZone, etc etc etc
>
> So many bright ideas, so little time. Over the past couple of days I've started
> having another crack at disassembling the Battle Zone ROMs, however I've
> knocked that on the head until I've finished the Atari console tech stuff
> (another couple of weeks worth I fear).

Im writing a nice win95 based DASM program that will do any processor as
long as you give it
an opcode list (preformatted). The basics are like Sean Riddle's DASM
that I modified to do the 6502.
It will do labels, comments, equates etc.. I want it do do paging as
well as tracing eventually.
If anyone wants to help I would be more than willing to post the source
for it. Most of the GUI is
done but the guts need work. Im using C++builder 3.
  jess