Re: sit-down Space War?

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Mon Jan 04 1999 - 20:35:06 EST

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999 16:50:18 -0800 (PST), aek@spies.com (Al Kossow) wrote:

>this is a weird one..
>
>There is a little park about a block away from my house, and as I was driving
>past, I notice a video game in the back of a pickup truck. About 1/2 a block
>later, I think "what the hell was that?". So I back up, and it is a sit-down
>Space War. About 4 feet tall, made by a company in Los Gatos i've never heard
>of before. The back was off, and it was a normal Space War board and monitor.
>
>The guy was eating lunch in the park, so I talked to him for a little bit, got
>his phone number, and went off to the appointment I was about to miss.
>
>Anyone ever seen one of these before? It wasn't a cocktail, just a very short
>upright..

That company's location sounds very familiar. It could be the same company that
licensed Space War for the Cocktail version.

I'll check the name of the Company and it's address when I get home tonight...

-Zonn

 ------ ___ Member of A.A.C.S.:
 |---- | ( ) Association for Artistically
    / / ( () ) Challenged Signatures