Re: Startech Journal Back Issues?

From: Peter <peberh_at_halcyon.com>
Date: Fri Jan 08 1999 - 13:46:59 EST

> Actually, you don't own the magazines, Star Tech does. They hold the
> copyrights. So I think there is a flaw in your plan. Maybe if the company
> didn't exist anymore and the copyrights expired, then you would be able to
> do it. I think that if they found out, they would stop you. Just a word of
> caution.

or another way to look at it is its the same as manuals and schematics.
The Atari ones I have (well at least the Star Wars cockpit sitting in
front of me) are copyrighted*. On every page of the schematic supplement
is a copyright.

Legally I don't think theres any difference. But since startech is still
trying to gain a revenue stream from their materials I'm sure they will be
quicker to enforce them. The real trick would've been to convince your
local library to get the issues so you could get the microfiche...

*The Star Wars manual set is also copyrighted by Lucasfilm, notorious for
protecting their trademarks and copyrights! (schematics don't mention
lucas though)