Re: To gut or not to gut, that is the question...

From: Miranda K. Collins <miranda_at_angel.com>
Date: Fri Jan 08 1999 - 13:53:19 EST

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999 MKDUD@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/7/99 2:13:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, miranda@angel.com
> writes:
>
> << Either I had a very real dream about this, or I have abused my brain far
> too much since and scrambled my memory, but I swear I saw some people
> escaping death from the "fuse" in two-player-attached mode at the time
> Space Duel first came out. As I recall, they would hold down the shield
> button and thrust at full speed. >>
>
> Nooo, you're not going crazy Miranda. I remember seeing the same thing, but I
> don't think it worked all the time. I've tried many times on my SD, but I
> can't duplicate it. Anybody else tried or seen this trick?

Well in that case it does seem to me that it must have been an earlier
version. I, of course, have also tried many many times but it never works. In
fact, it is just habit to try it every time I have the opportunity just
in case one day it does work! Since I saw it happen more than once, I
would have to guess that if we haven't been able to do it after all this
time, it is impossible on *our* SDs.

Thanks for letting me know I'm not entirely a loon. :)

Miranda