Re: Asteroids problems...while we're on the subject

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Jan 12 1999 - 19:08:01 EST

In a message dated 1/10/99 9:15:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, MKDUD@aol.com
writes:

<< After noticing Jeff's posts, I was wondering if anyone might be able to
 help me with a wierd Asteroids problem I'm having. The board boots fine, self
 test shows no errors. Picture in self test is missing the right side of the
 square that surrounds the crosshatch pattern. >>

     I just wanted to update my symptoms, this account is a bit more acurate.
The problem is NOT related to any particular side of the screen, and partains
to shots only. The shots seem to "flair" upwards as they are drawn on screen,
making them look larger in height than they actually should. My shots on my
Asteroids Deluxe board using the same monitor look perfectly normal. Other
than this, the Asteroids board seems fairly normal, other than the sound bieng
very quiet compared to the Deluxe board. Any ideas on what is causing the
"shot flair" problem on my Asteroids board? Please help if you can,

Thanks,
Michael Kelley