RE: Asteroids problems...while we're on the subject

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed Jan 13 1999 - 14:20:14 EST

> I just wanted to update my symptoms, this account is a bit more
> acurate.
> The problem is NOT related to any particular side of the screen, and
> partains
> to shots only. The shots seem to "flair" upwards as they are drawn on
> screen,
> making them look larger in height than they actually should.

Could be a grounding issue. An insufficient ground can cause all sorts
of weird "tearing" effects. I've mostly seen it on the larger rocks and
when there's a large deflection though...

You might check the voltage outputs and/or current draw on the Z-axis
(try turning the brightness down too). Maybe the extra current to draw
the "bright" dot is causing a little brown-out on the deflection power
supply rails?

-Clay