Asteroids problems...while we're on the subject

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Jan 10 1999 - 21:06:37 EST

Hello,

     After noticing Jeff's posts, I was wondering if anyone might be able to
help me with a wierd Asteroids problem I'm having. The board boots fine, self
test shows no errors. Picture in self test is missing the right side of the
square that surrounds the crosshatch pattern. While playing, most everything
on the left side looks normal, and anything except shots on the right look
OK.. Any shots on the right side seem to spread out and get "thicker".
However, the collision area does not change; i.e. you can hit something with a
"thick" shot and it won't allways blow up. I know the monitor is not the
problem, it is a G05, and Asteroids Deluxe works perfectly on it. I have no
idea what could be causing this, I''m getting a good signal from both the x
and y side, and z seems fine, too. Anybody have any suggestions for this??

Thanks Very Much,
Michael Kelley