Re: Asteroids problems...while we're on the subject

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Jan 14 1999 - 23:25:03 EST

In a message dated 1/14/99 10:47:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ClayC@diamondmm.com writes:

<< If you have a scope I'd still look at the Z output and see if you can
 see anything suspicious there (particularly high voltages). If the
 problem is on the game board (I agree that it probably is) you should
 theoretically see the "glitches" on the scope too.

 You could also just try to easter-egg your way to a solution and try to
 clamp things down a bit-- put some tiny (like 10 to 200pF) caps from the
 X and Y outputs in series. Sometimes putting them to ground helps.
 Maybe put an inductor in series and just see if you can quash the noise
 regardless of the source... >>

Thanks a bunch for the advice, Clay!! I'll check this out. Remeber, on the
test screen, there is no right side to the screen border..there is a top, a
bottom, and a left side of the rectangle, but no right side. The crosshatch
seems OK, but the fact that there is no right edge bothers me..maybe this is
an indicator of something I should check??