Re: 2114's ->RE: BattleZone probs....

From: Franklin Bowen <fbowen_at_balt.checkfree.com>
Date: Mon Jan 18 1999 - 12:04:59 EST

I had problems recently with 2114s that passed the self test in Galaga (RAM
OK) but the game would go belly up. I posted in RGVAC asking about the
self tests but most of the info I got back was about the locations not
matching or bootlegs where the RAM address was moved but not the self test
address (but then how could it pass???). It appears that Galaga spends a
lot of time testing them at boot up but I don't understand what kind of
tests it's doing.

Matt Rossiter - Verio Southern California <matt@rossiters.com> on 01/18/99
11:51:45 AM

Please respond to vectorlist@mcfeeley.cc.utexas.edu