Newbie Couple of quickie questions

From: Frank Kannemann <frankk_at_nb.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue Jan 19 1999 - 01:31:14 EST

Hi Vectroids ;-)

I just picked up a functional Space Duel and semi-functional Asteriods.

I played with the monitor controls a bit and managed to get
the playing screen into full view and the colors ok. Two questions:

1) I am getting a humming that seems to becomming from the
monitor area (not the flo tube - because I am trying to get that
working)
should I be worried? The humming changes when using brt/foc/x/y?

2) I am going to try to do the mirror thing but inorder to get
a good white I seem to have resort to poor sharpness or great sharpness
and faint white. Is this the sign of a bad or going bad tube? Or more
fiddling required?

The monitor seem to be the original 19... flavour

For monitor trouble-shooting on asteriods is Gregg Wockcock's the best
document (sems to be to me ;-)? Or are there any asteriod specific
gotchas?

It passed the coin test and all fuses with ohm meter.

This seems to be a pretty active maillist!

Also, how hard is it to get a Sega Star Trek these days?

What is a PeeCee vector graphics editor used for? To change shapes used
in roms and re-burn them?

I hope these are appropriate questions for this list?

Thanks

Frank