RE: BattleZone probs....

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Mon Jan 18 1999 - 19:39:06 EST

> I've bought a complete set of replacement sockets for the ROMs which I
> intend
> to install shortly (even though the existing ones seem to be in
> excellent
> condition). I was toying with the idea of using turned pin sockets
> however, but
> considering the extra cost I'd have to be convinced that there would
> be an
> appreciable reliability increase....I recall having problems some
> years ago
> when using turned pin sockets in prototype equipment.

Following this thread I'm starting to think BattleZone might be a good
candidate for the CPU Get Well kit... I'll look into the memory map and
everything sometime this week and see if I can get it running.

Going to try Asteroids again finally since I've got a known good board
again.

(Oh, BTW-- I've done something "clever" with the color mod for
Asteroids... Lots more colors now. It dawned on my that I can change
the vector ROM and use it to generate unique colors on a
vector-by-vector basis. ;-)

-Clay