Re: Tempest Spinner Question

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Wed Feb 10 1999 - 15:18:24 EST

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Zonn wrote:

> The best way to fix it is to take apart the spinner and wipe off the
> years of grit built up grit, then use some teflon grease to lubricate
> it. The grease can be bought at radio shack -- it comes in a silver
> squeeze tube.

If your Radio Shack doesn't carry it -- like mine doesn't -- I actually
found a teflon lubricant at my local Pharmacy. They sell toys also,
specificly this funky Yo-Yo with lights and stuff in side, and this tube of
Yo-Yo Lube -- Teflon Based Lubricant.

Plain-old Radio Shack Color TV Tuner Cleaner did a great job cleaning it
out, and actually stopped the chatter for a few months. The teflon has kept
it quiet over a year now.

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/