Re: Tempest Spinner Question

From: Joel Rosenzweig <joel-r_at_an.hp.com>
Date: Wed Feb 10 1999 - 16:27:23 EST

A while back, I decided to rid my Tempest spinner of the evil "brrrrrrr" sound
(ooops, now everyone knows I don't like it :-). I purchased ball bearings and
installed them in place of the teflon bushings. I did not spend enough time
looking for a bearing that had the exact same diameter as the teflon bushing,
so my bearings did not merely slide into place. It looked like these holes
had elongated slightly anyway, so putting an exact sized round bearing in
would not have worked anyway. I bored the holes on a mill in order to hold
the new bearings, and this worked great. It is now spins silently, and
_that's_ music to my ears.

Joel-