RE: Lunar Lander Test Mode? Anyone?

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Wed Feb 17 1999 - 19:51:44 EST

> Means the LEDs turn on, then off, then on again, then off again... :)

(reaching through screen to throttle Doug through the 'net... *ack*
*gurk*)

> > Anyone have a Lunar Lander they can flick into test mode and tell me
> > what happens?
>
> Seriously, now that I've unpacked the Asteroids cabinet, the box that
> contains the adaptors for the LL <-> Asteroids wiring, a copy of the
> poster from inside an LL upright, and if I can find the control panel
> and LL board in the next couple of days, I'll be able to give a full
> report on LL's behavior.

Cool. Sounds like I've got about three people now duplicating effort!
;-) (Well, someone will follow through!)

> One catch, though - the lights on the buttons were LEDs, if I recall
> correctly, but there are also lights behind the part of the control
> panel which tell you what mode you're playing in - those lights are
> small incandescents.

Yeah, from looking at the schematics I think we've got 4 "lamps" and
start and select as LEDs. I mapped those to P1 Start and P2 Start on
Asteroids (respectively).

Thanks!
-Clay