Re: Black Widow / Gravitar more confusion

From: Jess Askey (At Work ;-) <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 12:29:21 EST

Sideart is the same. Even if the factory spewed out some 'dedicated'
cabinets, they were still Gravitar's with kit applied.
  Now, there could have been a change in the decals at some point, maybe
the first test batch was a small bit different for some reason. But that
is all a guess. From other things I know about Atari during that time
the sample run materials often got used in the production run until they
ran out.
  Examples...
       Tollian Web PCB's in the start of the MH deds
       Agent X PCB's in the start of C&D runs
       Color differences on Star Wars and Tempest Marquis
       Real Quad Pokey's on Firefox and early MH's
       Lots of other Graphic Examples that maybe Brian W could point
out. :-)