Re: Black Widow / Gravitar more confusion

From: Jeff Anderson <mayday19_at_idt.net>
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 15:15:56 EST

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Jess Askey (At Work ;-) wrote:

> Don't mean to be nitpicky... but..
>
> >jason Milsom wrote:
> >All of them have Dedicated Black widow side art.
>
> There were no dedicated Black Widows. Only Gravitar conversions as you
> mention below. This was probably just a typo but I just wanted to point
> it out so no one was mislead.

It seems to me there were quite a few of the factory conversions made.. my
reasoning is this: I've seen quite a few of them, and the side art on
probably 90% of them looks to be aligned perfectly over the gravitar art,
with no bubbling. Now we've all seen how most ops convert games, and they
DONT take the time to make them look that nice, much less put the side art
ON. I dunno.. it just seems like a lot of them were factory made.. Also,
there seem to be a number of ESB and MH conversion kits floating around,
if there were more BWs made how come i've never even HEARD of a conversion
kit for one? I seem to think that a good majority of the BWs out there
are factory.

Jeff