Re: Please help with Amplifone HV board troubles

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Tue Feb 23 1999 - 02:39:56 EST

Later circuits for that unit (The Ampliphone series) added a back emf
diode across the input/output of the two voltage regulators, there was
also a 15 ohm (or so) 5 watt resistor addded in series with the input to
the regulators to reduce the input voltage a bit. This should save
yours...The diode goes in with the band to the positive side of the
circuit, a 1N4005 was used (I STILL don't think they are fast enough) by
Atari in this mod...perhaps someone with one of those units in hand can
confirm the resistor value (I always seem to be at home when these
questions appear)

John :-#)#

 mailto:jrr_at_flippers.com, web page http://www.flippers.com